Some features of this site may not work without it. Date Author Shojaei, Zahra. Degree Level Masters.
- Talks & Events!
- Fundamentals of Childrens Services (Ala Fundamentals Series).
- More about this book;
- Political Reason.
- Health care evaluation.
- Technology, the Public Sphere, and Political Change.
- A Freedom Bought with Blood: African American War Literature from the Civil War to World War II!
Metadata Show full item record. Abstract This thesis has the goal of finding the proper place of religious reasons in a pluralistic liberal democracy in the debate between two liberal political philosophers, John Rawls and Nicholas Wolterstorff. According to Rawls, who is concerned with the legitimacy of binding laws in a liberal democratic society and the stability of such a society without oppressing citizens, free and equal citizens naturally and inevitably disagree on their moral, philosophical, and religious comprehensive doctrines.
The Political Power of Social Media | Foreign Affairs
Thus, we should look for social unity in a shared political basis, which is independent from all these doctrines. Binding laws are legitimate if they can be supported by public reasons drawn from this political basis. Therefore, citizens have the moral duty to use public reasons, and avoid using religious reasons and other nonpublic reasons, to justify binding laws. More information about this seller Contact this seller.
Book Description Palgrave Macmillan, Seller Inventory mon Ships with Tracking Number! Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory Xn.
New Book. Shipped from UK.
Established seller since Seller Inventory IQ Language: English. Brand new Book. Seller Inventory LHB Delivered from our UK warehouse in 4 to 14 business days. Never used!
Political liberalism and religious claims
This item is printed on demand. Seller Inventory X. Seller Inventory APC Seller Inventory ING Political Reason: Morality and the Public Sphere. Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:.
- How God Acts: Creation, Redemption, and Special Divine Action (Theology and the Sciences).
- Hamito-Semitic Etymological Dictionary: Materials for a Reconstruction.
- Python Multimedia: Beginners Guide.
- Can the Public Sphere exist in the Internet Era?!
- Stroke Part II: Clinical Manifestations and Pathogenesis?
- Structural Steel Work Design to BS5950?
- Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Human Evolution. Vol.1,2;